“We are very grateful to have received tremendous support from the community and, specifically, Project Write Now. When we initiated this partnership we all thought it would benefit our children, but I am certain none of us envisioned the resulting depth and magnitude to which this partnership connected to our students.” —Dr. Jared Rumage, Superintendent, Red Bank Borough Public Schools
At the heart of the mission of Project Write Now is the work we do in our community.
We partner with schools and mission-based organizations to provide writing workshops and writing services for free. These programs include:
*Creative writing workshops led by professional writers and teaching artists
*College essay writing workshops & mentorship
*Narrative therapy workshops
*Professional development workshops
• Writing workshops for 450 4th through 8th grade students at Red Bank Middle School, which culminates in a Writers Celebration and the publication of anthologies
• An after-school writing studio for local middle school students. We provide a professional atmosphere where students write under the guidance of editors and mentors with the goal of publishing their work.
• Guest speakers for our students at Red Bank Middle School and the after-school studio
• College essay support at local high schools. Currently we are working with Long Branch High School and Henry Hudson High School.
• One-time and monthly writing workshops for mission-based organizations, including Shore House,
The Community YMCA, Lunch Break, Second Life Bikes (Asbury Park), and Family Based Services Association of NJ
• The Teen Internship Program (we train teens to assist in our summer camps and participate in The Interview Project)
• The Interview Project (our teen interns interview Red Bank seniors and other notable citizens to document their stories)
• Monthly “Voices & Verse” readings at Count Basie Theatre for teens and adults
• Full and partial scholarships for studio classes and summer camps
All of these programs are supported by donations from individuals, businesses, and grants. Please consider making a donation today.
We are pleased to have made the following partnerships and are grateful for the support from our partners and the community:
- Red Bank Middle School
- The Source at Red Bank Regional High School
- The Community YMCA of Red Bank
- Count Basie Theatre
- Lunch Break
- Second Life Bikes (Asbury Park)
- Family Based Services Assoc. of NJ
- The Red Bank Public Library
- Shore House (Long Branch)
- River Road Books (Fair Haven)
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in having us work with your school or organization.
Project Write Now is a registered 501(c)(3). Your contribution is tax deductible to the extent allowed by the law. Federal tax ID: 46-3534268