You can’t measure these experiences and put them in a data sheet. [Our students] are becoming better, kinder people through your writing workshops.
“We are very grateful to have received tremendous support from the community and, specifically, Project Write Now. When we initiated this partnership we all thought it would benefit our children, but I am certain none of us envisioned the resulting depth and magnitude to which this partnership connected to our students.”
— Dr. Jared Rumage, Superintendent, Red Bank Borough Public Schools
Our community outreach programs are geared toward helping underserved youth and adults develop the writing and communication skills needed to achieve academic/professional success, resilience, and personal growth.
Our programs include one-time and ongoing reflective creative writing workshops for local schools and mission-based organizations, college essay support, and summer workshops.
These programs are supported by donations from individuals and businesses.
For a full list of community outreach programs, click here.
2020-2021 community outreach programs
- Weekly writing workshops for 50 7th & 8th grade AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) students at Red Bank Middle School, culminating in the publication of two anthologies of student writing and an end-of-year writers celebration.
- A two-session writing program for all 4th, 5th, and 6th grade students at Red Bank Middle School during their AVID elective.
- Guest speakers for our students at Red Bank Middle School
- Six six-week creative writing programs for 90 3rd graders in the after-school 21st Century Community Learning Center in Long Branch.
- College essay support at local schools, including Red Bank Regional High School, Long Branch High School, and Poseidon Early College High School (Neptune)
- Weekly writing workshops at Shore House, a clubhouse for adults living with mental illness, in Long Branch
- Monthly writing workshops for members of Senior Space (Red Bank)
- Monthly writing workshops for the Womyn’s Worth mentoring program at Lunch Break
- One-time writing workshops at various middle and high schools in partnership with the Mental Health Association of Monmouth County’s Truancy Prevention program
- One-time writing workshops at various middle and high schools in partnership with the YMCA of Greater Monmouth County’s Teen Achievers program
- Summer camps for students from the Boys & Girls Clubs of Monmouth County (Asbury Park & Red Bank(
- A summer writing program for teens from Family Based Services Association of NJ
- A Teacher Ambassador Program to inspire and support local teachers of writing
- The Teen Internship Program (a summer community-service program for teens at our studio)
- Bridge Ink, our young adult online literary magazine
- Public open mic readings for teens and adults throughout the year at various venues
- Full and partial scholarship seats that offer financial assistance for studio classes and summer camps
You may also mail a check to:
Project Write Now
25 Bridge Ave., Suite 130
Red Bank, NJ 07701
Please contact us with any questions:
community outreach partners
We are grateful to have provided programming to the following schools and organizations:
- 21st Century Community Learning Center (Keansburg)
- 21st Century Community Learning Center (Long Branch)
- Amanda’s Easel
- Asbury Park High School
- Atlantic Highlands Library
- Barnes & Noble
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Monmouth County (Asbury Park & Red Bank Branches)
- Catsbury Park
- Catholic Charities
- Communications High School
- Count Basie Theatre
- Embrella (formerly Foster and Adoptive Family Services)
- Family Based Services Association of NJ
- Friendship Train (Our Lady of Mount Carmel)
- Henry Hudson Regional High School
- Holmdel Girl Scouts
- Indie Street Film Festival
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center
- Juvenile Detention Alternative Initiative
- Little Silver Girl Scouts
- Long Branch High School
- Lunch Break
- Mental Health Association of Monmouth County
- Monmouth Arts
- NJ Makers Day at Monmouth County Library
- Red Bank Middle School
- Red Bank Public Library
- Red Bank Regional High School
- Rumson-Fair Haven Regional High School
- Second Chance Red Bank Cancer Support Group
- Second Life Bikes
- Senior Space (Red Bank)
- Shore House (Long Branch)
- St. Leo the Great (Lincroft) Girl Scouts
- Teen Arts Festival with Monmouth Arts
- The SOURCE at Red Bank Regional High School
- Voyagers’ Community School (Eatontown)
- Women ROCK
- YMCA of Greater Monmouth County (formerly The Community YMCA of Red Bank and The Freehold Borough YMCA)
Please contact us at email@example.com if you are interested in having us work with your school or organization.
Project Write Now is a registered 501(c)(3). Your contribution is tax deductible to the extent allowed by the law. Federal tax ID: 46-3534268
- Amy Campbell, AVID 21st century teacher, Red Bank Middle School
Project Write Now thoughtfully and elegantly gives Womyn’s Worth the opportunity to express exactly what’s on their hearts and minds. Each writing prompt and exercise has been so well presented and received. The women often didn’t even realize that they could and would share on this level.Sharda Jetwani-Love, Program Director, Lunch Break
Project Write Now has inspired me to journal, and this has helped me relieve stress and anxiety. Also, how to forgive myself. Thank you.Lunch Break
I leave our Womyn’s Worth sessions feeling serine and complete. There is always a sense of welcomeness and an opportunity for self expression.Lunch Break
The Teacher Writing Collaborative has been a powerful opportunity to connect with other teachers who believe that to teach writing, we must be willing to write. The writing prompts and discussions encourage us to use writing as a way to express our identity, which is closely linked to the work of educating for a just society. The strategies shared and conversations we have inform the teaching I do. This has been one of the most authentic teaching networks that I have been involved with.A. K.
The Teen Ambassador program has allowed me to connect with fellow writers and channel my creativity in a place where I feel heard and appreciated. It has provided me with so much support in an extremely confusing time.M. F.
That was a truly amazing experience. We cannot thank you enough for your time and great coaching. These few weeks have not been easy … This meeting lifted my spirit and energized me.Second Chance Red Bank Cancer Support Group
Working with Project Write is refreshing. They provide the space to breathe … releasing the strings that do not serve us anymore through creativity, allowing each one of us to ‘innerstand’ the importance of self-love. Thank you for all the work and healing you do.Lunch Break