Congratulations to our winners!
Sophia C., 15, “The Key to your Secrets,” New Jersey
Cruz Anthony H., 15, “Untitled,” California
Alex L., 15, “Space Cowboy,” New Jersey
Afreen S., 17, “Saudade,” India
Alyssa S., 17, “I Wanna Use My Voice,” New York
PWN Teen is thrilled to announce our first-ever spoken word teen video contest, OFF THE PAGE, for our online literary magazine, Bridge Ink.
How can a spoken word poem reveal an observation, emotion, or experience in a new or unique way? We are seeking poetry that opens our minds, generates empathy, and stirs something inside of us. We are looking for poems that are meant to be heard, poems that live off the page.
How to Submit
- Submit your video as an attachment (.mov or .mp4) in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. *Please note: If your file size exceeds email capacity, let us know so we can troubleshoot finding alternative ways for you to submit. A large file size does not disqualify you!
- Include your name, age, grade, and location in the email. In your subject line, please put the title of your piece.
- Please also include a written transcript of your poem in the body of your email (with translation if necessary).
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: Midnight, Friday, October 29, 2021 (Eastern Time).
Submit to email@example.com.
- Video Length: Videos must be 1-4 minutes in length.
- Submission Limit: Please only submit one video for this contest. We will only consider the first video sent.
- Collaborative Works: Collaborative submissions are welcome, but please note that you cannot submit again as an individual if you have already submitted with a group.
- Video Style: You don’t need to film yourself for your video, though you can. Creative videos including elements like a montage of images are also acceptable.
- Language: We welcome poetry in any language, as long as non-English videos come with English subtitles and written transcripts also come with translations.
- Teen Audience: Because pieces are intended for a teen audience; submissions using inappropriate language will automatically be disqualified.
- Previous Publication: Videos that have been previously published elsewhere are not eligible, but if the poem was only published in print, you can still submit it as a performance video (with permission from and acknowledgement of where you were previously published before).
- Rights: You MUST own the complete, transferable rights to ALL elements of the submission. This includes but is not limited to text, audio, video, and images.
- Deadline to Submit: All submissions must be in by midnight, Friday, October 29, 2021 (Eastern Time) in order to qualify.
Winners receive publication in Bridge Ink and will be featured on our social media platforms.
Winners will be announced on Facebook & Instagram by Friday, November 12, 2021. (We will also notify winners via email.)